Can Yard Maintenance Services Cause Damage?
- shredded stems and branches of shrubs – unsightly, traumatic to plants
- pruning of plants while they are in their flowering stage – halts natural plant growth and reproduction cycle, kills plants over time
- topping of trees – extremely damaging to tree health, unnecessary
- over-pruning of trees, removal of majority of branches – prevents mature urban tree canopy, unnecessary
- removal of organic debris & leaf litter – exposes soil and plant roots to sun, reduces soil to hard-pan impregnable dirt, removes soil’s ability to hold moisture, prevents natural creation of essential habitat for beneficial soil organisms, collapses healthy soil structure,
- loud noise on nearly daily basis – interrupts work-from-home, damages hearing
- petroleum pollution – pollutes air around homes
- particulate pollution – stirs up dust clouds that cause asthma/upper respiratory distress, dirty neighborhood automobiles, coat plant leaves which reduces photosynthesis, carries toxic particulate including fecal matter into the air where it can be inhaled
Share Your Concerns About Destructive Yard Maintenance Services
The use of two-stroke engines in landscape equipment refers to gas powered leaf blowers and lawn mowers. The commission identified existing ordinances related to landscape equipment in many parts of California and gathered scientific data associated with the use of two-stroke engines in landscape equipment.